- Indie Guru Review (January 2013)
- Press Release re. Next Time Around
- Richmond Review article re. YVR gig (July 2012)
- RadioIndy.com (June 2011)
- 2nd Leicester Bangs interview (May 2011)
- Richmond News (July 2010)
- ReviewYou (July 2010)
- RadioIndy.com (December 2009)
- House of Rock (July 2009)
- House of Rock German (July 2009)
- 1st Leicester Bangs interview (May 2009)
- The Indie Guru (Jan 08, 2013)
"The band plays a form of folk-roots rock that fills a room with sound unlike any solo performer ever could. There could be comparisons to Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, or John Lennon but the effect of adding the full band to songs of this style makes a huge difference."
- Indie Band Guru (Jan 08, 2013)
"The writing is a blend of life experience from a youthful, poetic soul."
- PubMemo.com (Dec 15, 2012)
“Great guitars and sparse production highlight soulful vocals.”
- John Treadwell - Frogville Records, Music X-Ray (May 29, 2012)
"Rick Parnell has been added into the Museum of Canadian Music, with "The Red Chair" made the MOCM pick of the week to highlight the induction."
- Robert Williston, Museum of Canadian Music website (Jan 23, 2012)
"I think Rick Parnell's music is very touching and beautiful. He is a great Canadian songwriter and I truly like his music."
- Robert Williston, Curator, Museum of Canadian Music (Jan 23, 2012)
"Rick Parnell's folk/rock rolls out with "Off the Wall", a heart on the sleeve story ushering us into "Imperfect Beauty". Guitar chops from Hart Parnell provide a solid shot of talent throughout. "Red Chair" is lyrically sound, a true highlight, as is "Let it Rain", a tender ballad with deep lyrics and a sweet sounding acoustical riff that leaves you wanting more."
- A&R Select (Aug 15, 2011)
"...vocal performance is powerful and evocative and the song structure has an almost Bob Dylan meets Jimi Hendrix element to it."
- Gary Hill, reviewyou.com (Jul 06, 2011)
"If you are into the musical likes of Bob Dylan or The Traveling Wilburys, then you will enjoy the terrific songs on the album, "Imperfect Beauty.""
- Diane and the RadioIndy.com Reviewer Team, RadioIndy (Jun 08, 2011)
"The International Association of Independent Recording Artists recognizes and honors artistic achievement, ...on 08/14/2010, One Eye Open, by Rick Parnell, had attained The Number 36 Position on at least one of the charts monitored and verified by IAIRA. ... IAIRA has qualified this release as eligible for Certification as an International 'Top 40'"
- IAIRA (Aug 14, 2009)
"Acoustic Must-Have CD "One Eye Open" by Rick Parnell - Rick Parnell fits easily into the folk or rock genres. With this debut EP of six great songs, he combines intriguing and captivating lyrics with a fresh well-rooted sound."
- Radioindy, Radioindy 2009 CD Buying Guide (Dec 17, 2009)
“...his rough-hewn voice is as evocative as the words that spill out in his soulful delivery.” “... completely right for contemporary listeners of any generation.”
- Rice B. and RadioIndy.com Reviewer Team, RadioIndy (May 26, 2009)
"There is no doubt that Rick Parnell understands his art. Because of the arrangements, it is his songs and nothing else that rise to the fore. ...he leaves enough room for the listener to play an intimate role in his stories and moods."
- Olli Wahnwirtz as translated by Arash Farzaneh, House of Rock (Jul 22, 2009)
"The O’Malley Project song “Still Waiting” - for which Rick Parnell provided lyrics - was awarded Folk Song of the Day by GarageBand on October 3rd, 2009 and has received multiple reviewer pick awards for Best Vocals, Best Melody, Best Mood, and Most Original Song. "
- GarageBand.com (Oct 30, 2009)